The University last weekend honored new members in the Athletic Hall of Fame, with a celebratory dinner at the Sewanee Inn on Friday evening and recognition during halftime of Saturday’s football game.
The 2015 class of inductees includes:
- Ian Cross, C’98—Three-time All-Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference selection in track and cross country, and the SCAC Cross Country Runner of the Year (1995) and SCAC Male Track Athlete of the Year (1996).
- Elizabeth Epps, C’87—The first volleyball-only athlete to be inducted into the Hall of Fame, led Sewanee to 63 wins during her career.
- Jason Forrester, C’93—A four-year starter and a three-time All-SCAC football selection, and an NCAA Postgraduate Scholar.
- John Guerry, C’49—Joins his father, Alexander Guerry, brother, Alex Guerry Jr., and son, Pat Guerry, in the Hall of Fame, led Sewanee to TIAC Championships in 1947 and 1949, and is a member of the Tennessee Tennis and Chattanooga Sports Hall of Fames.
- Kevin Lenahan, C’74—Led Sewanee to three CAC Wrestling Championships, and lettered in football for four seasons.
- Kent Rea, C’57—Earned 12 letters in cross country, wrestling, and track and was a captain for all three programs.
- The 1970 Men’s Golf Team—Won the 1970 CAC Championship and the TIAC Championship, members of the team include Edwin White (captain), Rob Chapman, Felix Drennan, Nim Long, Jack Steinmeyer, Jock Tonissen, Mike Turner, George Waterhouse, and coach Walter Bryant.
See more about the Class of 2015 here.