Crews have started demolition work on the interior of Gailor Hall as they prepare it for its first major renovation since the building was constructed in 1953. The first space to be cleared was the main dining room and kitchen area, which served campus from the building’s completion until the opening of McClurg Hall in January of 2000. Today, outside Gailor, piles of old concrete blocks and radiators indicated the rapid progress of the demolition crews. Plans call for restoring Gailor as an academic center for English, languages, and the humanities interdisciplinary program. Along with housing classrooms and offices for these faculties, Gailor would also house both summer writers’ conferences and the Sewanee Review, the oldest continuously published literary journal in the U.S. The restored building will accommodate forty-four faculty offices, a suite on the first floor for the Sewanee Review and the Writers’ Conference, a language laboratory, workrooms and lounges, as well as seven seminar rooms and five large classrooms. A 90-seat auditorium on the lower level will accommodate the humanities program and will also be an excellent venue for events requiring the use of a smaller auditorium. The project will also greatly improve the looks of Gailor, with a new roofline that hides the large chiller that dominates the present roofline and a handsome entrance and lobby area on the first floor. This project will restore a historic building to a new life of service to faculty, students, and accomplished writers from across the country.